Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011- Aternoon

So last night, in my extreme tiredness, I let the standards of cleanliness in my place slide, leaving a very little clutter on the table and counter, and a small amount of dishes in the sink. After some thought, I decided to give myself half credit for that, because it took less than 5 minutes to clean up last night's "mess" this morning. And even that mess was much better than how my house usually would get.

Today, I got back on the bandwagon and got my act together, and I'm proud of how I got the place clean again, and even did more than the bare minimum standard that I set for myself.

Counters free from clutter and cleaned, and sinks cleaned and dishes washed. I've got some chicken defrosting in the sink now.


Dining room table cleaned, and floors tidied and freed from clutter.


I also made the beds, as you can see through the door in the picture.

Today, one of the "extras" that I did was organizing my freezer. I emptied it all out, and then put it back in neatly, in an organized fashion, so I can see what foods are where and be able to stock my freezer more effectively for after birth.


Top shelf left- frozen fish. Middle- raw meats. Right- frozen chopped vegetables.
Middle shelf left- ready made meals. Right- precooked proteins including cooked gizzards, hot dogs, and cooked beans.
Bottom shelf left- ready made breakfasts (including waffles, crepes, hash browns. Middle- grains and such. Left- cooked broths and tomato paste.

So far, I got the place to the standards I set for this challenge 7.5 times out of the total 8 possible so far (counting yesterday as half), and 7.5 out of 60 possible times for this challenge.

Today I get bonus points-
+1 for making the master bedroom beds
+1 for making the beds in the kid's room
+1 for sorting and putting away the laundry
+1 for cleaning and sorting the freezer

That makes a total of 20 bonus points thus far.

Good for me!

I'm proud of myself for not using last night as an excuse to get back into my messy rut!

What types of things usually get you into a messy rut?




1 comment:

  1. Getting backed up on cleaning usually gets me in a rut. If I'm busy with school or I get really sick and the house gets messy, I usually start to feel like I don't even want to try to start.

    ReplyDelete