Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Wrap Up...

The past few days pretty much proved to me that this public challenge was a good idea. Do you know how many times I've resolved to make a change, and then it all fell apart after a short while, and then I just gave up? 
I've felt pretty icky the past couple of days... and yes, thats why there were no posts. My house looked like a bomb hit it. I was adjusting to the challenge of living with no stovetop- preparing meals was taking all my possible organizational possibilities- I'm very NOT organized and preparing food in the crockpot or baking it meant no last minute dashes to create meals... 
And the cleaning aspect of organization... fell by the wayside.
But I got a few emails, blog comments, and facebook posts asking what happened with this blog...
And that's what gave me the push to get back on track.

I first have to say that one thing I have managed to do is get the bed made every morning, which has made a big difference.
Friday we were having guests for a meal, so the place got cleaned spotless by Friday afternoon. Friday, before bed, it was all clean other than dishes, which I finished Saturday morning. And then Saturday morning I got so into the challenge that I started doing so many other things. I swept the upstairs hallway, swept the bedroom, tidied the kid's bedroom, and emptied the dishrack. The place was spotless today- I didn't let even one dish hit the sink or dishrack- I would wash each dish as it got dirty, then dry it and put it away. The place didn't get one iota dirty the whole entire day.

I'm so proud of myself. Here's how it is now before bed. And it looked exactly like this this afternoon as well. Yay for me!


A bit too exhausted to tally up my points so far though tonight.

Gnite.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome job lady! I was hoping you hadn't given up and were just too busy to post!

    It looks really nice and clean, isn't it so much easier to do when you don't let it get too bad? I'm still on track with you, today we deep cleaned the floors. They haven't been this clean the entire time we've lived here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post how your water bill reacted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would my water bill be any different? Now instead of washing all my dishes in one go, I wash them as I go along, but I'll still washing the same amount of dishes, etc...

    ReplyDelete