Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30, 2011- Afternoon

Today is proof that this challenge is a good idea for me. I had a lazy morning this morning, let dishes lie around in the sink, and the counters were full of stuff. It was 2 oclock, and I realized that I'd be taking pictures in an hour, and I didn't want my mess posted on the internet! So I quickly washed the dishes in less than 5 minutes, tidied the counters and the floor, and cleaned out the sink. Avoiding public humiliation certainly is a great motivation to not be lazy!

Clean table. Ike took out that toy- the pile of papers from the past few days is now missing from the table.


Clean counters and sink. I started a batch of citrus cleaner, and that now is sitting on the counter in addition. Yes, there are dishes in the dish rack.


So far, out of the 6 times so far in the challenge, I passed the test of keeping the place to the proscribed cleanliness standard 6 times. 6 times out of a total possible 60. That's 10% and that's big!

No bonus points for me today. Floor needs mopping, beds haven't been made, and laundry needs to be put away badly. Thats ok, I don't need to be perfect all the time. 16 bonus points so far. The point isn't perfection and always doing more than needed, its to make good habits and make sure the basic living area in our home stays presentable most of the time, and I've been accomplishing that so far.

What motivates you to clean? Does not wanting to publically humiliate yourself work to motivate you?
How was your house today?

3 comments:

  1. i do my best cleaning while i am on the phone. i just hung up after 40+ minutes and i realized that i got a lot done!. swept the floors, put away groceries, cleaned the fridge a bit. i still have laundry to do and 2 loads to put away, and every thing else... i don't get motivated to clean for pple. i mean i do but the kids make major messes. when pple show up they are in the middle of playing etc... when the house is clean no one shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a portable phone. When I'm on the phone, I'm tied down to one area and get NOTHING done. Even when talking on the cell, I am not productive because I don't have 2 hands available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Public humiliation is a big motivation for me so far. I've been posting my blog on FB for extra motivation...I definitely have friends who will bug me if I don't stay on top of it. Plus it's a promise to myself, and I want to keep it!

    I think that if I can keep up, I want to treat myself to a nice new set of workout clothes - and then I can keep ANOTHER promise to myself..

    ReplyDelete