Monday, November 28, 2011

11-28-11 Afternoon

I'm living up to the challenge so far, not only keeping the standards of cleanliness from last night, but cleaning even more, despite actually living in the house today with my 2 homeschooled boys and taking care of breakfast and lunch.

At 3 pm, the counters were clean, as was the sink. (They only stopped being clean for a few minutes at a time, and stayed clean from 11 am and onwards.)



Floor clean, and dining room table cleaned!


2 out of 60 possible chances to get the place clean, and 2 out of 2 possible chances so far. Woohoo for me!

To be honest, once the place was clean already, it got me motivated to keep it clean, because it was only a few minutes work at a time to keep it that way, and I was proud of how the place looked.

I even got motivated to go above and beyond what I needed to do. The whole tone in the house was pleasant this morning. We were productive with homeschooling, did projects, went to the park, prepared food...
And also cleaned extra stuff.

I get bonus points today.
+1 for cleaning the stove top
+1 for making my bed
+1 for making the beds in the kid's room
+1 for tidying up the master bedroom
+1 for tidying up the kid's bedroom
+1 for cleaning the upstairs hallway and stairs
+1 for sorting and putting away all the clean laundry and washing and hanging more loads
+1 for sorting out the stuff on my shelves


Woohoo for me! I am really proud of myself, and can't wait to keep up this streak!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is impressive! My tough spot is the floors. I hate cleaning floors. Probably because I'm such a perfectionist about having them clean. I can't believe you kept you sink clean all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm especially proud of my accomplishment with the sink. You should see how high they're usually piled, and I use the excuse that it's because I cook a lot, there's no way to avoid it. Well, today I cooked and foraged and washed a bunch of leaves and did art projects (that needed washing up after) and I STILL managed to keep the sinks empty- that showed me it was possible!

    ReplyDelete